I managed to install and configure both the 2.7.1 version of WordPress and the Squible 2.0 template (the first version is the official template of the blog you’re reading); unfortunately the content migration has been a huge failure.
I’ve tried the following with no results:
- Content export from WP 2.01 and import into WP 2.7.1
- RSS export from WP 2.0.1 and import into WP 2.7.1
- RSS export from Feedburner and import into WP 2.7.1
- XML export from MySQL and import into WP 2.7.1
- Database export from MySQL (hotmc.com server) and import into MySQL (lineagialla.com server)
And, sincerely, this is enough for me and for the time I can dedicate to System Administration tasks.
So I decided to switch to a super-technological ultra-geek solution: copy and paste the whole content adding the original time/date data and placing the right tags on each post. This been said I’ll also evaluate the possibility (and the costs) of using Amazon’s Mechanical Turk to paste the whole blog archive (starting from 2002 or so, and written in Italian).
This might be translated into false updates of the RSS feed, hope this won’t be a mess for you.